ISRO Administrative Officer Exam Question Paper 2007
Useful for all other Departmental Administrative Officer JobsAnd also useful for All Competitive Practicing Arithmetic, Test of Reasoning and General English
Arithmetic/Test of Reasoning, English Grammar, Area
Arithmetic, Test of Reasoning
1. Who wrote the first web browser?
a). Bill Gates
b). Marc Andreessen and Eric Bina
c). Tim Bemers-Lee
d). Steve Jobs
2. When was the Constitution of India enacted, signed and adopted by the Constituent Assembly?
a). January 26, 1950
b). December 11, 1946
c). December 9, 1946
d). November 26, 1949
3. Who among the following have a right to vote in the Vice-President election, but not in the Presidential election?
a). Judges of the Supreme Court
b). Ministers who are not members of either of the houses of the State.
c). Nominated members of the Parliament
d). Members of Parliament who are absent from all meetings of the Houses for a period of sixty days without the permission of the house.
4. Phillaur in Punjab, Azamgarh and Bijnor in U.P. what links the winners of the 1989 elections in these three constituencies?
a). Five time winners
b). All BSP candidates
c). All members of the first Lok Sabha
d). There are no links
5. Unripe fruits contain
a). amino acids
b). uric acids
c). lactic acids
d). mallic acids
6. Who was the first person to introduce the logarithm tables?
a). Benjamin Franklin
b). T. A. Edison
7. Which plan was formulated against the backdrop of severe inflationary pressure? (The period of the plan was 1974-1979 but was terminated by the Janata Government in 1978, one years before the scheduled period?
a). fifth five year plan
b). Second five year plan
c). Third five year plan
d). sixth five year plan
8. This famous business personality earned money by repairing toy trains when he was 13. His father escaped from the British Police in 1920 and landed in the USA with $20 in his pocket and later married an American Schoolteacher and settled in Philadelphia. His corporate headquarters is known as The Mountain, Identify him.
a). Nani Gopal bose
b). Amar Gopal bose
c). Anand Gopal bose
d). Shashikant Bose
9. I would have been a biscuit-maker,” he said, when asked in an interview what he would have been had it not been for his current job! Biscuit manufacturing would not have been a problem for him, as his father has been running Luckyland Biscuits for the past three decades, and it now is the third-bigges biscuit maker in Sri Lanka. Name him
a). Sanath Jayasuriya
b). Maravan Attapattu
c). Rumesh Ratnayake
d). Muttiah Muralidharan
10. The Prolific Sir Donald Bradman, who passed away recently, was dismissed for a duck in his Test innings and hence could not finish his carrer with an average of 100. Who denied him that singular honour?
a). Eric Hollies
d). Jim Laker
11. Which is the biggest church in India?
a). St. Cathedral, Goa
b). The Rachol Seminary, Goa
c). Bascilica of born Jesus, goa
d). Church of Our Lady of Rosary, Goa
12. The arrests of which two prominent leaders of congress caused serious unrest in Punjab finally leading to the Jallianwala Bagh massacre in the years 1919?
a). Dr.Kitchlu and Dr.Satyapal
b). Dr.Kitchlu and madan Mohan Malviya
c). Madan Mohan Malviya and Dr.Satyapal
d). Mohammed Ali Jinnah and Madan Mohan Malviya
13. Which of the following events is not related to the year 2001?
a). Agra Summit between India and Pakistan
b). Worst natural calamity in Indai: Gujarat Earthquake
c). Enron bids farewell to Indian energy sector
d). Three new states Chattisgarh, Uttaranchal and Jharkhand are created
14. The layer which helps human beings on the earth to receive radio signals is?
15. In the development of black and white photo film
a). the silver salts are converted top metallic silver
b). the silver salts are converted to bleaches
c). the silver salts are converted to colored dyes
d). all of these
16. A number when divided by the sum of 555 and 445 gives two times their difference as quotient and 30 as the remainder. The number is:
17. A train starts with full of passengers. At the first station, it drops one-third of the passengers and takes 280 more. At the secong station, it drops one-half of the new total and takes 12 more. On arriving at the third station, it is found to have 248 passengers. Find the number of passengers in the beginning.
18. Kiran had 85 currency notes in all, some of which were of Rs.100 denomianion and the remaining of Rs.50 denomination. The total amount of all these currency notes was Rs.5000. How much amount did she have in the denomination of Rs.50?
19. At an international dinner, 1/5 of the people attending were French men. If the number of French women at the dinner was 2/3 greater than the number of French men, and there were no other French people at the dinner, then what fraction of the people at the dinner were not French?
20. In Arun’s opinion, his weight is greater than 65 kg but less than 72 kg. His brother does not agree with Arun and he thinks that Arun’s weight is greater than 60 kg but less than 70kg. His mother’s view is that his weight cannot be greater than 68kg. If all of them are correct in their estimation, what is the average of different probable weight of Arun?
21. In an election between two candidates, 75% of the voters cast their votes, out of which 2% of the votes were declared invalid. A candidate got 9261 votes which were 75% of the total valid votes. Find the total number of votes enrolled in that election?
Post Copy Right www.govtjobsdaily.com
22. If the manufacturer gains10%, the wholesale dealer 15% and the retailer 25% then find the cost of production of a table, the retail price of which is Rs.1265?
23. 60 kg of an alloy A is mixed with 100 kg of alloy B. If alloy A has lead and tin in the ration 3:2 and alloy B has tin and copper in the ration 1:4, then the amount of tin in the new ally is:
24. A invested Rs.76000 in a business. After few months, B joined him with Rs.57000. At the end of the year, the total profit was divided between them in the ratio 2:1. After how many months did B join?
24. 2 men and 3 boys can do a piece of work in 10 days while 3 men and 2 boys can do the same work in 8 days. In how many days can 2 men and 1 boy do the work?
a). 12 ½ days
c). 13 ½ days
25. Four years ago, the father’s age was three times the age of his son. The total age of the father and the son after four years will be 64 years. What is the father’s age at present?
26. A rectangular grassy plot 110m by 65m has a gravel path 2.5m wide all round it on the inside. Find the cost of gravelling the path at 80 paise per Sq.mtr
27. Two equal amounts of money was lent out at 6% and 5% simple interest respectively at the same time. The former is recovered two years earlier than the letter and the amount so recovered in each case is Rs.2880. Determine the amount that was lent out.
Choose the Correct word which is mostly nearly same meaning
a). the art of good painting
b). incapable of making right speech
c). the art of elegant speech or writing
d). the art of real writing
a). words written down in the history
b). words which are inscribed on the grave or the tomb in the memory of buried
c). a historical writing can be obtained from any library
d). a memoriam for the dead
a). one who plays more than one game
b). one who cannot play any sports
c). one who speaks many languages
d). one who provides lot of advices
a). one who practices philosophy
b). one who hates woman
c). one who loves mankind
d). a lover of womankind
Correct the underlined sentence from options
35. Eggs are usually sold in the dozen
a). by the dozen
b). by dozen
c). in dozen
d). no change
36. I have great pleasure in seeing you this morning
a). to see
b). on seeing
c). fro seeing
d). no improvement
37. The culprit was at last brought to law for his involvement in the crime
a). brought to prison
b). brought to look
c). brought to court
d). no change
Fill in the blanks with correct word
38. She tool an umbrella with her to ……….. getting wet.
39. The flood victim went ……….. a very painful experience.
c). in for
d). out of
Select the Combination of Numbers so that letters/words arranged accordingly will form a meaningful word
40. K A T C E L
1 2 3 4 5 6
a). 4 2 3 1 5 6
b). 1 2 4 5 6 3
c). 6 5 3 2 4 1
d). 3 2 4 1 6 5
41. R E S T L U
1 2 3 4 5 6
a). 3 4 6 1 2 5
b). 4 5 3 2 6 1
c). 5 6 3 4 1 2
d). 6 5 2 1 4 3
42. J C O P T E R
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
a). 1 3 4 5 6 7 2
b). 2 6 4 5 1 3 7
c). 7 6 4 5 1 3 2
d). 4 7 3 1 6 2 5
Idiomatic Expression / A proverb has been given. Choose one which give best express
43. To frame a person
a). to befool someone
b). to make one appear guilty
c). to praise someone
d). a narrow escape
44. To spill the bean
a). To reveal secret information
b). to misbehave
c). to keep secrets
d). to talk irrelevant
Following Idioms is followed by some alternatives choose the best express its meaning.
45. To blaze trail
a). to set on fire
b). to be annoyed
c). to vehemently oppose
d). to initiate work in a movement
46. To have brush with
a). to start painting
b). to have good and pleasing terms
c). to be impressed
d). to have a slight encounter
Choose the Correct Alternative Active or Passive Voice
47. The French surrendered Quebec to the English in 1759
a). Quebec was surrendered by the French to the English in 1759
b). Quebec was surrendered to the English in 1759 by the French
c). The English were surrendered Quebec in 1759 by the French
d). Quebec was surrendered in 1759 by the French to the English
48. My uncle promised me a present
a). A present was promised by my uncle to me
b). I was promised by my uncle
c). I had been promised a present by my uncle
d). I was promised by my uncle a present
49. It is time to ring the bell
a). it is time the bell rings
b). it is being time to ring the bell
c). it is time for the bell to ring
d). it is time for the bell to rung
Choose the Correct Spelling Word
50. a) Sedantry b) Sedentery c) Sedentary d) sedentary
51. a) Scriptur b) Skripture c) Scripture d) Scripcher
52. a) Grametic b) Grammetic c) Grammatic d) Gramatic
Choose the Opposite word of underlined word
53. My plans may sound rather nebulous to you, but there are very ……… to me
54. Never dissipate energy resources, but always ………. Them
55. History has seen more ………. wars than civil wars
Choose the Opposite Word
60. Who among the following was the Constitutional Advisor to the Constituent Assembly of India?
a). Dr. BN Rao
b). Dr. BR Ambedkar
c). Shri KM Munshi
d). Shri MC Setalwad
61. Who among the following the chairman of the drafting committee of the Indian Constitution?
a). Rajendra prasad
b). Tej Bahadur sapru
d). BR Ambedkar
62. Who was the President of the Constituent Assembly?
a). Rad. Jawahralul Nehru
b). Dr. Rajendra Prasad
c). Dr. BR Ambedkar
d). C Rajagopalachari
63. Which of the following was not one of the features of Govt. of India Act, 1935?
a). Provincial Autonomy
b). Diarchy of Centre
c). Bi-cameral Legislature
d). All Indian Federation
64. Which of the following was adopted from the Mourya Dynasty in the emblem of the Govt of India?
a). four lions
b). chariot wheel
d). words ‘Satyameva Jayate’
65. Article dealing with matters in public employment
a). Article 335
b). Article 341
c). Article 342
d). Article 16(4)
66. What is the percentage of reservation for Other Backward Class in matters of employment if Govt. service?
67. Article 340 of the Constitution of India provides for the appointment of a Commission to investigate the conditions for the improvement of:
a). scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes
b). socially and educationally backward classes
c). socially and economically backward classes
d). Educationally and economically backward classes
68. Reservation in public service are provided in compliance with…..?
a). Fundamentally Rights
b). fundamental Duties
c). directives Principles of State Policy
d). Article 335
Post Copy Right www.govtjobsdaily.com
69. Enforcement of Industrial Disputes Act, 1947 is from……?
a). 1st January
b). 1st May
c). 1st April
d). 1st September
70. In terms of Workmen Compensation Act, 1923, the amount of compensation I case of death shall be……
a). An amount equal to 50% of the monthly wages of the decreased or Rs.50000/- which ever is more
b). An amount equal to 60% of the monthly wages of the decreased or Rs.60000/- which ever is more
c). An amount equal to 50% of the monthly wages of the decreased or Rs.60000/- which ever is more
d). An amount equal to 60% of the monthly wages of the decreased or Rs.50000/- which ever is more
71. The responsibility for payment of wages to the workers as per contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition), Act, 1970 lives with…….
b). Principal Employer
72. The right to information Act came into effect in the year …?
73. If any information under the RTI Act is sought for from a Central Govt. Department/Ministry, the authority by whom the details are to be furnished under the Act?
a). Central Information Commission
b). Chief Information Commissioner
c). Information Commissioner
d). Central Public Information Officer
74. I any information without concerns the life or liberty of a person is sought for under RTI Act, the time limit within which the details are to be furnished unde the Act?
a). 14 days
b). 60 days
c). 30 days
d). 07 days
75. Under Minimum Wages Act, 1948, ‘child’ means a person who has not completed……..years of age/
76. The minimum rates of wages as per Minimum wages Act may be fixed by
a). the hour
b). the day
c). by the moths and any other larger period
77. All executive action of the Government of India shall be expressed to be taken in the name of the…….
c). Union Government
d). Prime Minister
78. Which of the following can be a Court issue for enforcement of fundamental Rights?
a). a decree
b). an ordinance
c). a writ
d). a notification
79. The writ pertaining to release of a person from the illegal custody/unlawfully detained is…..?
b). habeas corpus
80. What is the correct sequence of the information of the following states of India
1)Andhra Pradesh 2) Haryana 3) Kerala 4) meghalaya
a). 1, 3, 2, 4
b). 1, 3, 4, 2
c). 3, 1, 2, 4
d). 3, 1, 4, 2
81. Age qualification for being engaged as an Apprentice under Apprentices Act, 1961.
a). not less than 14 years
b). not less than 18 years
c). not less than 16 years
d). not less than 21 years
82. The employer shall pay every apprentice….. during the period of apprenticeship training
83. Apprentices are …
84. Any disagreement or dispute between an employer and an apprentice arising out of contract to apprenticeship shall be referred to…
a). Apprenticeship Adviser
b). Board of apprenticeship
c). Labour Commissioner
85. A good Administrator is a …..worker
86. Bernard has said ‘the higher the …. In the line of authority, the more general the abilities required’.
87. Leadership is the process of …… group action towards goal setting and goal achievement
88. The ………….style of leadership does not depend on the leadet to provide external motivation
89. The number of common leadership styles are..
90. The most popular theories of human motivation was formulated by…….
a). Dr. Frederik Herzberg
b). Abraham H Maslow
c). Peter Druck
d). Stephen R Covey
91. …..is ‘an enduring Organization of motivational, emotional, perceptive and cognitive processes with respect to some aspect of the individual world’
92. A good administrator has got to be a………………. ……….. to understand the problems of subordinates
a). good leader
b). good listener
c). team man
d). good motivator
93. Study of leadership in Large corporations in US is by…..
a). Keith Davis
c). RA Gordon
d). Abraham H Maslow
94. The most profound influence on the drafting of the Indian Constitution was exercised by the ……….
a). US Constitution
b). British Constitution
c). Government of India Act, 1935
d). French Ideals of Liberty and Fraternity
95. Words ‘bull’ and ‘big’ are associated the commercial activity of………..
a). Foreign Trade
c). Share market
All the Best
For any model paper or suggestions write to us
Subscribe to govtJobs latest by Email